NHBC Stepping Out is National Heights on mission in our community. You can participate as an individual, couple, family, or group, and participate in as many ministries as you would like. Ephesians 2:10 tells us ‘we are created to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do’! Our prayer is that when NHBC members are placed in positions of service throughout the community, people will see the face of Jesus, and God will be glorified. Join in –there’s something for everyone! Our community will be blessed, and you will as well, as we put into the action the love we talk about. What a joy to be able to participate together!
New Stepping Out Facebook Page
Keep up with the exciting Stepping Out Ministry and learn ways you can serve by checking out our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/wecandomoretogether/
Opportunities to Serve:
1) The NHBC Blessing Box is now up and running. The box is located near the Norton entrance to the church parking lot. Items included are non-perishable food items, warm hats, gloves and scarves, paper goods, a notebook for prayer requests, and Bibles, all free for the taking to our community. Please pray as God continues to touch others through this ministry.
UPDATE: The Blessing Box Ministry now has two boxes, one on the church property by the Norton entrance and one at the West Kearney McDonald’s.
Blessing Box (updated 4-1-19) Donation List
YOU can be a difference at Harmony House! Donations area; meals, client services, cleanup, garden, fundraising events or office. Call the Volunteer Coordinator at 837-7700
3) Post an encouraging sign in your yard for people to see as they drive by!
4) Phone seeds!
Proverbs 3:27 (ESV) says, “Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to do it.” There are many who are giving 110% these days. Your kind word could mean so much to them! Say a prayer before you call, and simply let them know they are appreciated and being prayed for. It will only take a few minutes, but the effects will be timeless. Here are a few suggestions….God may lead you to others.
- Police, Fire and Highway Patrol
- Grocery stores
- Doctors and Dentist offices
- Health Department
- School systems
- Nursing Homes/Assisted Living facilities
- Hospitals and clinics